A Night to Remember

Alice B.

The performers line up after the performance.

Alice B., Staff Writer

On Feb. 8, students with different talents performed on ASH’s theater stage. From singers to dancers, all performers shared a little bit of their passion.

The show was organized by seniors Lisa D., Assaf O. and Daniel M. and they began planning auditions as early as late October. They also created a technical team of 15 people, who supervised the entire creation of the show.  The leaders’ role entails running auditions, designing promotional materials and running the show. Daniel M. additionally served as a technical manager, overseeing all the technical aspects of the show, such as lighting, sound and projection. 

“I am so happy that the performers were able to show their many talents while also raising money for Oceana. It always feels good when you can use your talents for the greater good. I am proud because this production was entirely student-run and there weren’t many technical problems. I am also proud of all the eleventh graders who really stepped up and got the show into running order,” Daniel M. said.

The set and lighting before the performers took the stage.

The final total collected for Oceana is still awaiting but it is believed that the show made around 1500 euros. All these funds will be sent directly to Oceana to help fund initiatives that protect and preserve the world’s oceans.